I have acquired and paid for many WW2 rules over the years. When I bought my 6mm stuff in 2010, it was to try out some of them designed for teams/squads. But I went back and used Take Cover!! and then moved on to using some home grown rules based on Take Cover!! So I thought it is time to play with a few of the rulesets I own but have never played. Rules were written not only for reading, they are for playing too! My aim is to use the Skirmish Campaign book Russia '43 Red Guards at Kursk and convert the scenarios to make more sense for infantry squads/teams rather than individuals. I may digress and use other scenarios. Note: I am planning to use Normandy '44-Red Devils of the Orne with 20mm Red Devils figures I acquired a few years ago and test out other rules I own that better suited to skirmish.
Below are the rules I will be testing in a possible order of playing. These were selected based on
- I have not played them
- sound very interesting
- have really wanted to play
- should work with team/squad based infantry.
I will post links next to the rules as I play the games.
- Mechanised Warfare Rules (battle report April 2015)
- Fields of Honor (battle report August 2015)
- FiveCore Company Command
- Look Sarge No Charts: WW2
- Battlegroup Panzer Grenadier 2nd Ed
- War Games Group 1925-1950 1st Ed
- Jagdpanzer 2nd Ed
- Command Decision: Test of Battle
- BattleFront WWII